Production and Operations Controller
Are you ready to make a significant impact on our operations? We’re seeking a dynamic individual to fill the role of production and operations controller. Join us and play a vital role in ensuring seamless operations controlling across our entire value chain, from sourcing materials to delivering exceptional products to our customer.
As controller you will ensure the proper operations controlling across the value chain from incoming materials over manufacturing until the final shipment to customers and provide consolidated reports to the entire operations area. You will have strategic impact and your role will be at the heart of our operations, influencing decisions and driving financial transparency. We’re not just a company; we’re a space for creativity and forward-thinking. Your ideas will shape the future of our operations. Be part of a team that values open communication, collaboration, and a passion for excellence.
About the role:
• You report to the Finance Director of Doggy and have one direct report in form of a Junior Plant Controller.
• Act as a strategic business partner to the supply chain manager, providing financial transparency across the value chain.
• Closely cooperation with PPF HQ Operations Controlling, ensuring a global perspective in your role and for strategic guidance.
• Interpret production and operating results, making recommendations to improve financial aspects and operational performance.
• Prepare and analyse material, manufacturing, and transport cost report, contributing to better decision-making.
• Strong focus on cash flow and Working Capital management.
• Be a part of the operations management team
Other key duties and responsibilities:
• Material, Production and Transport cost controlling and reporting.
• Factory scorecard
• CAPEX spend controlling.
• Budgeting of production cost and WC.
• Transfer Prices (TP) as of PPF TP Policy
• FTE reporting
• Ensure accurate, prompt reporting and periodically review the methodology of – and compliance with plant performance reporting guidelines
• Support the development and implementation of business development projects to exploit opportunities for increased profits through investment and, cost saving.
• Collaborate with the local Supply chain team as well as colleges in PPF Europe.
The production site is placed in Vårgårda. You can either be based at the Vårgårda site or at the newly opened Malmö office. However, you need to be on site in Vårgårda approximately 1-2 days a week. Occasional travel throughout Europe for meetings, networking, and collaborative sessions occurs.
To be successful in this role we believe that you have a minimum 5 years of Finance/Plant controller experience, with a solid background in consumer goods business. You have an analytical mindset with Strong analytical skills, coupled with the ability to motivate and stimulate teams for success. You have excellent communication skills in Swedish and English, both verbal and written. You are a decision-maker, team player and innovator who brings creativity and energy to the team.
About Doggy AB
Doggy AB is the leading dog and cat food manufacturer in Sweden with over 100 years of experience in pet food production, located locally in Vårgårda. The company employs approximately 220 people and has an annual turnover of more than 1 billion SEK. Doggy operates in the Nordic region and Germany, where the key to success is conveying a part of Sweden through sustainable and natural products, always with the best interests of the animals in mind. The customers include pet specialty stores and grocery retailers. The company’s brands include Mjau, Doggy, Robur, & Bozita and a strong footprint in the Privat Label business. Doggy AB is part of the international pet food group PPF, Partner in Petfood, since 2020.
Doggy AB invests significantly in innovation to continue leading the long-term development in the industry. With knowledge, innovation, and love for cats and dogs, Doggy delivers ”love from Vårgårda in every food bowl.”
Be part of a team that values your unique skills and contributions. Your journey towards professional growth starts here. Apply today and embark on a rewarding career with us!
For more information about the position, feel free to contact Senior Recruitment manager Emma Herrlin at email@example.com.
We employ a continuous selection process, so please submit your application as soon as possible. We welcome you to submit your application!
Academic Search International is one of Scandinavia’s most merited companies within Executive Search & Interim Management. Our focus is people with documented manager- and specialist competences. We have close collaborations with national and international companies with strong brands and purpose. Our mission is to unite the best qualified candidates with the toughest challenges at the most interesting companies in Sweden. Our values are KNOWLEDGE, ENGAGEMENT, RESPONSIBILITY and COLLABORATION. Through these values, we make a difference in all our relationships. www.academicsearch.se